a site for working students

Department of Revenue  |  Oregon.gov  |  IRS.gov

Step 1: Let's get started!

What do I need?

Before you start, make sure you have the following items:

  • All of your Form W-2s and Form 1099-INTs.
  • Your Social Security number. If the IRS has given you an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) because you don’t have a Social Security number, use your ITIN instead.
  • Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.05 or higher to fill out your return. You can download it for free.
  • If you are getting a refund, we will send you a check unless you ask for direct deposit. If you want direct deposit, you will need your bank routing number and account number.
  • A blue or a black pen for your signature (please no gel pens or other colors of ink).

Direct deposit

Form 1099-INT

Form W-2

Where Tax Dollars Go

Common Questions


Form W-4 Information

Parent and Teacher Information

Test Scenarios for Students

Understanding Federal Taxes

Site Evaluation Form