a site for working students

Department of Revenue  |  Oregon.gov  |  IRS.gov

Step 5: Refund!

On line 32 it shows that I’m getting a refund! How do I get my cash?

  • Read the statement at the bottom of the form and sign your return in the box next to “Sign here.” Use blue or black ink. (Our equipment can’t read other colors of ink or gel pens.)
  • Staple the state copy of your Form W-2(s) and 1099(s) to the front of the return below line 15 where it says “Staple your W-2(s) wage slips here.” Don’t send us anything else.
  • Put your Form 40S in a business envelope (4 x 9 1/2 inches). Please use the correct postage.
  • Keep a copy of your Forms 40S, W-2(s), and 1099-INT(s) for your own records.
  • If you are getting a refund, send your return to:
           PO Box 14700
           Salem OR 97309-0930
  • If there is an error on your return, you may receive less refund or end up owing tax. If you owe, we will bill you for the tax. Also, if you owe tax, we may bill you for penalty and interest if you file or pay after April 15.
  • Don't wait too long to file your refund return! You have three years from the due date of the return to claim a refund.

Form W-2

Form 1099-INT


Where Tax Dollars Go

Common Questions


Form W-4 Information

Parent and Teacher Information

Test Scenarios for Students

Understanding Federal Taxes

Site Evaluation Form